Tuesday, February 22, 2011

2011 Doomsdayers

Wow!  Everywhere there seems to be a lot of people predicting the end of the world.  Animals are dying - end of the world!  A video has a flare (or has been doctored) - end of the world!  Comets are flying by the earth - end of the world! The Mayan calendar ends in 2012  - END OF THE WORLD!!!  Aaaaahhhhhhhh!

It figures the world would end on a great year.  I have the perfect job, husband, family, and friends.  Everything is working my way - so it would figure that world is going to end.  LOL!

Honestly, as a Christian, I know that one day this heaven and earth will pass away.  They will be destroyed, but I have no reason to fear this.  I believe in Jesus Christ, the son of God, who lived a perfect life and gave His life as a sacrifice to ransom the souls of those who believe in Him.   I believe in His life, death, and resurrection.  I believe the Bible is entirely true and that Jesus, who has kept all of His promises, will one day return to the earth.  He also promised that those who believe will not be left alone in this world because they have the Holy Spirit to comfort them.  And I am comforted.

I am, therefore, not worried or defeated by the things this world and the people in it throw my way.  I am  not going to become paranoid or stressed over words or manufactured drama.   Instead, I move on with my life enjoying every wonderful positive thing and person it, from my family (by birth and by choice) and friends to awesome Bible studies that encourage personal and spiritual growth. 

If you are worried about the end of the world, ask yourself what it is that worries you?  Is it not knowing what will happen to you should the world end?  Would you like to have the assurance that you can live eternally with the one who shaped the universe?  God makes it simple to have that assurance.  Believe in Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  For more information, I encourage you to read the book of John and to visit a local Christian church.

No comments:

Post a Comment