Monday, February 24, 2014

Meet Lisa

An intro post always seems so formal and I could just blow it off and give you the official spiel* but this site has more of a cozy casual vibe that I hope y'all feel. So, what is there to know about me and why I would want to contribute to the ongoing conversation here at 'A Dynamic and Imperfect Christian'?

First and foremost, I am a Christian, now that simply means that I do believe that Jesus Christ's teachings and belief in Him are the way to the afterlife, or Heaven. Saying you're a Christian can mean many different things to a lot of people, but I am going with the classic definition.

I attend a United Methodist church and have a diverse church going background. I was raised in an Assembly of God church, attended Southern Baptist vacation Bible school in the summers, and when I was thirteen until I graduated high school I attended a United Methodist church for Sunday morning services, and a non-denominational on Sunday nights and Wednesdays. While in college I attended a two different Southern Baptist  churches and after graduation I worshiped with a group of the Religious Society of Friends, aka the Quakers. These days I attend Rose Bud United Methodist church and I am the webmaster.

So to say I am a diverse Christian is right on target. I love to talk about my faith and Christianity in general or the Bible in specific, so feel free to drop me a line through the blog. I love meeting new people and interacting with them online through Facebook, Twitter, or my personal blog

I look forward to the opportunity to hash out just what it means to be a Christian in this era and how that impacts the world. 


-----------------------------------------------------------
*Lisa M. Collins is a native Southerner; educated at the University of Arkansas in history. Lisa resides with her husband and a cat named, Baby Girl, in a sleepy little Arkansas town.

Lisa’s non-fiction has been published in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette and the Dead Mule School of Southern Literature. Her writing interests are as vast as the stars in the night sky. She copy edited and researched on Understanding Global Slavery by University of California Press, and proofreads for Metahuman Press.


Lisa is the 2013 and 2014 President of ACFW Arkansas. She began writing fiction as an adult, and her current projects include a series of Science Fiction romance novels and a cookbook for the Tea and Cornbread Blog and Podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment